Cisco Converged and Hyperconverged Infrastructure
MAKING IT SIMPLER TO PROTECT ALL YOUR DATA
Commvault makes it easier to protect, manage and optimize your data on Cisco solutions such as Cisco UCS, Cisco HyperFlex and FlashStack.
Commvault for Cisco UCS and Cisco HyperFlex
Restore virtual machines up to 67% faster
Cut backup administration by half
Enjoy low TCO:
less than $1000/TB
Commvault software combines backup, snapshots, array-based replication, archiving, eDiscovery, endpoint protection and application- and cloud-based recovery.
It's an all-in-one solution that consolidates all functions in a single easy-to-use console, eliminating the need for multiple, expensive products that increase capital costs and management overhead.
- Server virtualization
- Large remote office or branch office environments
- Development and testing environments
- Virtualized desktops
Commvault Scale-out Reference Architecture
Commvault's scale-out infrastructure built on Cisco UCS combines software defined storage and a webscale architecture for customers to realize even greater value with Commvault's software portfolio.
Simple to deploy and operate
Optimize capital expenditures with Cisco UCS
Deliver cloud-like agility, scale, and economics
Whatever volumes of data you're dealing with, our reference architecture provides technical guidelines and best practices for building a best-in-class scale-out infrastructure using Cisco UCS. Our reference architecture includes:
- Instructions on how set up Cisco Unified Computing Systems, as either a CommServ or Media Agent, on any scale, in a scale-out infrastructure from a three node to larger multi-mode configurations
- Guidelines for determining storage capacity requirements and setting read-performance goals
- Best practices for infrastructure, deduplication and virtual server agent design
- Hardware and software specifications for operating systems, rack space, CPU/RAM, internal storage and more
Contact you Commvault account team or authorized reseller for additional information on how Commvault and Cisco deliver scale-out infrastructure solutions.
Commvault for FlashStack
Protect and archive data
Commvault provides simplified, reliable data protection with flexible capabilities for snapshots, backup, recovery, archiving, reporting and more. Using this combination, you can quickly recover, access and leverage data across your enterprise.
- Accelerated data protection and faster time-to-value with a proven Cisco-validated design blueprint
- Deep application and VM integration to ensure clean, recoverable application or VM images
- Reduced impact on both VMs and the physical hypervisor
- Lower secondary storage costs, leveraging Cisco's award-winning UCS Manager
- Less scripting and more automation, helping maximize the value of FlashStack
Transformative Data Protection for FlashStack
What our partnership means to you
Simplify backup, archive and recovery:
Protect applications and data across both physical and virtual environments— and manage where data is kept—through a single interface.
Accelerate cloud implementation:
Quickly deploy cloud-based data protection with a Cisco-validated design for BaaS.
Manage explosive data growth:
Maximize the utilization of your storage and network infrastructure by eliminating redundant data with embedded global source-side deduplication.
Protect mission-critical applications/databases:
Safeguard SAP, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange and more with our built-in application and database intelligence - shrinking backup windows, improving performance and reducing costs and complexity.
Advanced virtual machine provisioning, backup, archiving, recovery and lifecycle management tools deliver scalable and efficient protection across multiple hypervisors and cloud platforms.
Ensure practical and efficient disaster recovery:
Workflow automation tools and processes help accelerate time-to-recovery and reduce risk to your business.
COMMVAULT FOR FLASHSTACK
Here are selections from our resource library, which includes a wide range of videos, customer case studies, datasheets, whitepapers and more to further explain how Commvault can help you make your data work for you.