Service Provider Data Management
Most MSPs are faced with increasing competition, complex customer requirements and the threat of shrinking margins. The challenge is to continuously add services that help grow the number of customers and the value of each customer, while keeping the cost of the infrastructure and complexity of operations low.
Commvault helps MSPs get profitable new data protection and data management services running quickly, with a range of services to ensure they have an offer to serve every customer. And each service can be offered at multiple service tiers so you can cover a broad range of price points - from entry-level to highly differentiated premium. Commvault’s pre-engineered service offerings let you get running quickly with simple operations, low cost infrastructure and on-demand billing models. Our solution isn’t a "bag of parts and an instruction manual." You get the benefit of all our experience designing and deploying MSP solutions baked right in, from the deployment to the licensing to the service plans.
Commvault provides a simply powerful, flexible and cost-effective way to deliver new, valuable services to your customers.
Interested in Becoming or
Finding a Commvault Service Provider?
Become a service provider
Find a service provider
A Gartner Magic Quadrant leader in backup and recovery
Partnering with Commvault, a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for data center backup and recovery software, you’re providing a best-of-breed solution. The advanced technology built into our software gives you all the tools you need to satisfy all your customers, from the lowest cost to the most demanding. This includes:
- A web portal that gives your customers direct visibility into, and interaction with, their data (i.e., job status, self-service restores)
- Support for most hypervisors, storage systems and other infrastructure components
- Support for low-cost, simple-to-deploy, image-based backups of virtual machines
- Integration with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for application- and database-aware protection
- Advanced application-specific agents (for Oracle, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and others) so you can handle even the most complex customer architectures
- Native integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and many other leading cloud providers
More managed service options for your customers
Unlike many other providers, Commvault offers solutions delivered from a single piece of software. This maximizes your infrastructure investment while allowing you to offer many different service tiers and packages to capture more market segments.
With Commvault, you can offer:
- Backups for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) VMs and storage located in your data centers
- Remote backup as a service (BaaS) to protect customers' on-premises workloads
- Disaster recovery as a service (hybrid cloud DRaaS) for VMs on customeras' on-premises hardware
- Migration as a service (MaaS) to help them move their on-premises VMs into your data centers
- We can also work with you to customize many other as-a-Service offerings to meet your requirements. Contact us for more information.
Less cost to operate your back-end architecture
Our single solution can help you reduce operating costs and complexity in the following ways:
- Built-in deduplication technology: By eliminating up to 90 percent of redundant data at source, you can significantly reduce your back-end storage requirements — without the need for expensive hardware-based deduplication appliances.
- Full integration with commodity, off-the-shelf storage: Rather than paying for premium storage or appliance-based bundles of hardware and software, you can continue to use the systems you’ve already optimized and standardized around.
- Scale-out architecture that grows with your business: By using commodity storage and compute, Commvault helps avoid wasteful overprovisioning by allowing you to grow capacity in blocks as large or small as needed, whenever you need.
- Advanced reporting: While a simple log file will say a backup failed, it can’t distinguish between a minor occurrence and one that requires further investigation. Our built-in metrics and reporting systems tell you the full story so you can quickly and easily see if you’re meeting your service level agreements.
Match costs to revenue with consumption-based licensing
Enterprise licenses don’t work for most service providers for a number of reasons. Commvault’s consumption-based billing model helps you avoid the hassle of planning and approving budget for capacity in advance. Our managed services licensing approach aligns with your business model, with pay-as-you-go rates based on consumption so you buy only what you actually sell.
Go beyond your data center into the cloud of choice
In addition to supporting your data center, Commvault software also features tight integration with AWS, Azure, Oracle and others public cloud providers so you can deliver a multi-cloud service offering to your customers. From our single, comprehensive platform, you can easily manage your customer's data across its entire lifecycle and across multiple clouds. As a result, your customers benefit from the best service at the best price in the right geography for their needs.
Implement distinct cloud solutions that set you apart from your competition by taking advantage of our unique cloud capabilities, including:
- Support for 30 cloud providers: Allows you to move data to the cloud of your choice simply by setting policy
- Ability to recover virtual machines in public clouds: Such as AWS and Azure with automatic workload conversion and testing
- Native integration with multiple cloud storage devices: This includes Amazon Glacier, Azure Blob and many others
- Native integration with Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) snapshots: Provide world-class policy and control over cloud-based production workloads
Here are selections from our resource library, which includes a wide range of videos, customer case studies, datasheets, whitepapers and more to further explain how Commvault can help you make your data work for you.