Commvault HyperScale™ Technology for Data Protection
ACHIEVING IT AGILITY THROUGH A SCALE-OUT INFRASTRUCTURE
You don't want to constantly worry about data risk and complexity because your legacy architecture can't keep up. Instead, you want to evolve your on-premises environment so that it mirrors the business benefits you've achieved using cloud. When that happens, you'll have a modern data protection platform that can store and protect your data for years to come.
To get here, you need to deal with some key challenges.
Inefficiencies From An Outdated, Scale-Up Strategy
Your scale-up approach to managing and protecting data, including secondary storage, can be directly linked to:
- Constrained services to business users as single-purpose devices and data silos limit capabilities and growth
- Complicated management, tools and operations due to disparate point products and no integration among applications, data and infrastructure
- Rising costs and resource utilization as IT staff spend more time designing and building resiliency and availability for storage devices or data silos
- Inflexible scaling that results in time-consuming and risky forklift upgrades involving manual steps
- Confusion about where data is, who's using it and whether or not it's protected
Adding more hardware and IT staff isn't a sustainable solution. You may be overbuying capacity to address future requirements or underestimating your needs, which leads to more spending down the road. Meanwhile, you're moving forward without tackling the core issue: an outdated data protection strategy built on a scale-up infrastructure.
Many IT departments do not realize that more that 70% of their data lives in secondary storage.1
A Fresh Approach to Solving Data Protection Challenges
With Commvault HyperScale solutions, you can build a unified, modern data protection and management platform that delivers cloud-like services on-premises.
By building these services on a scale-out infrastructure and leveraging Commvault capabilities, you'll enable:
- Cloud-like agility, resiliency and availability to on-premises data and applications
- Greater end-user efficiency with automation and self-service capabilities
- Improved hardware utilization and optimized costs from general-purpose hardware
- Seamless storage scalability with predictable performance without requiring forklift upgrades
- Better, more secure data protection, utilization and movement by eliminating point product and data silos
of enterprise data will be stored in scale-out systems by 2021.2
You can implement your scale-out data protection solution in one of two ways:
Bringing a scale-out infrastructure to the Commvault Data Platform, HyperScale Software integrates with storage arrays, hypervisors, applications and the full range of cloud provider solutions to support the most diverse and dynamic environments.