Quantifying the Business Value of Commvault Software: Worldwide Customer Survey Analysis
IT organizations are facing an increasingly chaotic technology landscape. Corporate data repositories are more fragmented than ever, with continued annual data growth of 40–50% and rapid proliferation of cloud storage, mobile devices, software-as-a-service applications and open source innovations. Many organizations are deploying applications in both hybrid cloud and multi-cloud environments, and digital transformation and cloud-first strategies are also key initiatives for many organizations.
IT organizations have added pressure to have a backup and recovery solution that can handle these changes in addition to their growing and complex data management needs. In an IDC survey of Commvault customers, customers reported high levels of satisfaction and value in Commvault solutions:
- 57% to 392% improvement in data coverage for protection, analytics, encryption and reporting
- 44% reduction in annual spending on data infrastructure, software, services and compliance
- 62% reduction in annual unplanned downtime
- 49% improvement in average recovery time for messages, files, and VMs as well as Exchange, Oracle, SharePoint and SQL applications
- 50-61% reduction in annual exposure to compliance failures, audit failures and/or data theft or breach