Maximize Hardware and Reduce TCO
Simpana software's fully integrated backup, archive and deduplication capabilities help you optimize expensive storage resources and extend the life of existing assets. With integration across the industry's broadest coverage of applications, file systems and NAS platforms, customers can reduce TCO by migrating stale data to lower-cost storage to effectively retain more data with the same resources.
Simpana software's agnostic approach to hardware lets you choose what infrastructure to use for protection and archive solutions across your environment. Built-in global, source-side deduplication helps delay costly network upgrades and invest in more strategic projects in the organization.
Leveraging a Single Platform with Simpana Software
- Cuts storage-related costs by up to 50 percent and reduces administrative overhead by up to 80 percent with a "zero footprint" archive
- Reduces backup times by 50 percent1 on average by moving older, infrequently accessed data from production sources into a centralized archive
- Delivers superior TCO by reclaiming primary storage, optimizing your storage assets, eliminating hardware lock-in and opening up new options including seamless integration with private and public clouds
- Enables global source or target deduplication spanning applications, geographies and storage tiers
- Makes better use of stored information, and keeps data for only as long as it is needed
- Takes the guess work out of planning for the future using tools to track and trend capacity usage
- Integrates archive, backup and reporting operations using the Simpana OnePass™ feature to simplify management and reduces costs
Executive-Level Advice and Counsel
CommVault® Consulting Services experts help customers achieve their vision of an optimized IT environment by developing the strategic roadmap to achieve their goals, globally. During CommVault's Data Classification and Archive Policy Design engagement, the customer's IT and business leaders will develop a thorough understanding of their current archive environment, create a vision for modern yet pragmatic capabilities, create design alternatives, prepare recommendations for optimal compliance/archive policies, and generate architectures and configurations that meet those needs.
1ESG Lab Review: Simpana 9 OnePass, Jason Buffington, Feb 2012.