Boost productivity, performance and efficiency while shrinking risks, costs and complexity, by deploying single-platform Simpana data protection and information management software. As an Oracle Platinum Partner, CommVault is tightly integrated to provide superior Oracle database backup, recovery and archive capabilities.
Protect mission-critical databases efficiently and within minutes, whether they are deployed as a single instance, real application cluster (RAC), or an Exadata system. The ability to protect the database as a cold backup, hot backup of full RMAN or streaming backup is fully supported. Plus, Simpana software is fully integrated with the RMAN catalog. DBA's can locate, recover and restore databases from backups that are stored in the cloud, on deduplicated disk or on tape using native RMAN commands. If the database is provisioned on a storage architecture that is snapable or cloneable, then Simpana software can help you automate and improve application-consistent recovery speed, duplicate a database and quickly build an Oracle standby database. You can also mix RMAN streaming backups with storage array snapshots for clones of the same database.
You can further enhance time to value by archiving Oracle data with the same solution, helping to reduce production data storage footprint, meet SLAs, improve application performance, and limit additional hardware and licensing costs. All while keeping inactive data available for search, reporting, test/dev, compliance and access.
How Simpana® Software Adds Value in your Oracle Environment
- Leverage flexible recovery scenarios to meet your needs, including full database recovery, individual Tablespace, database table restore and database file
- Shorten the time required to fully recover a database with the ability to make synthetic full backups.
- Deliver management flexibility and efficiency by initiating Simpana software backup processes from within Oracle OEM Grid Control
- Auto-discover and backup new Oracle databases to ensure reliable protection without administrator involvement
- Reduce troubleshooting time, gain clear insights, and manage your Oracle protection operations proactively with integrated reporting on Simpana trends, utilization, success rates and a host of other parameters designed to simplify data management
- Eliminate redundant data at the source with network efficient, global deduplication
- Create high speed recovery and secondary copies with no Oracle host impact while protecting Oracle, Oracle on Windows and SAP/Oracle on Windows databases in a consistent manner. Produce snapshots and backups from a snapshot through Simpana IntelliSnap™ hardware snapshot management operations that are then cataloged in RMAN
- Benefit from mixed mode support for streaming log backups and snapshots of database files to be intermingled seamlessly for restoration
- Reduce complexity and speed protection by eliminating duplicate processes with IntelliSnap™ integrated Oracle Log management
- Help improve application performance, compliance, and employee productivity while reducing cost and complexity with Oracle data archiving
Oracle is the first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, server, enterprise business applications, and application development and decision support tools.
For more information about Oracle, visit www.oracle.com.
Simpana® has achieved Oracle Database Ready, Oracle Solaris Ready, Oracle Linux Ready, Oracle VM Ready and Oracle Exadata Ready status through Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), demonstrating that CommVault has fully tested and supports Simpana on Oracle Database 11g Release 2, Oracle Solaris 11, Oracle Linux 6.x , Oracle VM 3.0 and Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
The benefits of running Simpana on Oracle Database 11g Release 2, or higher Oracle Solaris 11, Oracle Linux 6.x, Oracle VM 3.0 or higher and Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the assurance that your data is recoverable, protected and efficiently managed.