Eliminate the complexity and cost of storage hardware lock-in with a singular software-based approach to automated storage tiering that spans hardware, vendors and tiers of storage. Now you can maintain high performance in the face of increasing data volumes, while achieving transparent access and meeting retention requirements.
Simpana software offers policy-based, automated tiering to the storage location and technology that meets your unique needs—no matter what heterogeneous disk, tape or cloud you select.
Once your data is under Simpana software management in the ContentStore, an efficient, storage-agnostic virtual repository for all Simpana-managed information, it can be efficiently retained with global deduplication and easily retrieved when needed.
Benefits of Simpana® Automated Storage Tiering
- Meet the demands of your business with a single index and software platform that enables you to seamlessly move from one hardware infrastructure to another, including disk, tape and the cloud
- Realize up to 50 percent reduction in storage-related costs
- Eliminate 90 percent of redundant data with source-side and/or target-side data deduplication
- Take the guesswork out of storage and budget planning using Simpana tools to track and trend capacity usage
- Improve efficiencies and cut costs with integrated data analytics and reporting
A Unique Policy-Based Approach to Storage Tiering
- Eliminate lock-in to storage hardware and vendors with a software-centric policy-based approach
- Optimize cost-effective retention and access with tiering solutions that span snapshot, backup, archive, disaster recovery and compliance copies
- Ensures all data is searchable and accessible from any tier with a single, metadata index
- Eliminate administrative overhead with an automated, policy-based
approach that gives you granular control of tiering rules and scheduling
- Reduce infrastructure costs with embedded deduplication technology
across every storage tier within the ContentStore
"We have been able to dramatically shrink the backup window and automatically move archivable data to lower tier storage, resulting in an increase of end user client performance and overall employee productivity."
— Chief Technology Officer,
Medium Enterprise Transportation Services Company
Source: TechValidate. TVID: 7C1-67A-A61