Creating a sound records management strategy can be overwhelming for many companies. It requires coordinating the requirements of many functional departments spanning Legal, IT and even lines of business. Companies without a robust plan typically retain data forever or retain it haphazardly and ultimately incur high legal fees or settlements as a result.
CommVault® Consulting Services created its Records Management and eDiscovery Design offering to advise clients on mapping legal retention policy requirements to their storage, backup and archive environment. As part of the offering, consultants enable customers to formulate a thorough process for responding to eDiscovery requests as well as a pragmatic action plan for the client teams when litigation requests are introduced. The Consulting team works with client legal teams as well as data management and application owners to develop guidelines for data retention, including best practices for data preservation and deletion.
Records Management and eDiscovery Design Highlights
- Standardize records retention requirements for customer specific applications, users and data types
- Develop governance planning standards relating to legal and compliance/risk management
- Assist with potential eDiscovery and litigation procedures for data preservation
- Create records management plans that assign specific client teams to each data extraction task
- Establish deletion plans for expired data