Data loss, degraded business operations in disaster situations, and failure to pass corporate disaster recovery (DR) audits can be costly to you and your company. In addition to the direct monetary costs, today’s poor DR design can have a significant impact on your reputation and industry position if a disaster recovery situation is declared.
One of the key challenges with designing a modern disaster recovery environment is that today's applications extend beyond physical server, virtual server, and even datacenter boundaries. CommVault employs standard methodologies, best practices, and the in-depth expertise of a dedicated team of global consultants, architects, engineers, and industry experts to deliver its Disaster Recovery Readiness and Policy Design offering.
CommVault® consultants help their clients improve business resiliency, reduce costs, and increase flexibility by working closely with them during facilitated workshop sessions to build a business aligned, multi-site DR architecture and implementation plan. CommVault will then execute that implementation plan and put the proposed architecture in place.
Important Aspects of CommVault's Approach to Disaster Recovery Readiness and Policy Design
- Identify and document corporate goals and key business drivers that will define disaster recovery requirements
- Develop strategic, tactical and operational policies that help define the overall disaster recovery program
- Analyze application recovery requirements to determine which are most critical and prioritize for recovery
- Define concrete Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) for applications and associated data
- Design a high level architecture that meets discrete recovery service levels
- Assess IT infrastructure readiness and build a remediation plan for key IT utility components
- Assess site recovery readiness and develop plans that ensure primary and DR sites can support a DR capability. This includes discussions on insourcing, outsourcing, cloud and cross site recovery strategies.