Constant change has become a normal part of today's IT environment. Consequently, enterprises are faced with a steady flow of options to consider when developing a data management strategy. While cloud environments provide significant flexibility, enhanced service levels and improved manageability, there are numerous factors that must be considered to properly architect, design, build, manage and support a cloud-based data protection environment. Weighing these options and providing a sound strategy for the proposed cloud environments is a daunting task, even for the most sophisticated IT departments.
CommVault® Consulting Services delivers advice to its clients, globally, that enable them to create modern data management strategies for their cloud environments. These strategies are developed using methodologies that address both data protection and the cloud while focusing on key elements such as software, network, storage, security, workstations and environmental factors. This transformative, yet pragmatic counsel enables our clients to reallocate resources to higher priority activities while balancing any perceived risk in moving to cloud-based environment.
Highlights of CommVault's Cloud Infrastructure Design Offering
- Assess existing data management environment, capacity and performance challenges
- Establish required capabilities necessary to leverage cloud options
- Validate needs for data protection locations (internal vs. public cloud)
- Provide best practices for design, implementation, operations and management
- Create customer specific design methodologies for data protection in the cloud
- Document proposed architectures and provide migration strategies for design
- Create high-level implementation and migration strategies for cloud-based data protection environments
- Evaluate cloud service provider options